Venango Catholic High School is committed to fostering the spiritual growth of students, faculty, and all members of the VC community.
During each of the four years at Venango Catholic High School, all students are required to perform a minimum of 25 hours of service per year, and to write a summarization paper after completion of those hours. The hours are non-cumulative per year and must be direct hours of service for the church, school, or community.
To count as service hours, activities must meet the following criteria:
- The student must not receive any payment, monetary or otherwise, for any hours worked.
- Hours that are part of a students normal chores, such as those normally required around the house, do not count.
- Hours that are part of a court sentence or are mandated as a form of punishment or restitution do not count.
- The hours must be recorded on a service project form and signed by the adult who was present at the place where the service was performed.
- The completed service hours form must be turned in to each student’s academic advisor by no later than the date stated on the form.
- Service hours completed as part of a parish confirmation program may be applied to the service program here at VCHS.
- Hours must be served in all three areas of church, school, and community.
- Fifteen hours must be completed by mid-January. The remaining 10 hours (25 total) plus the summarization paper must be completed by the end of March.
Did you know?
For St. Joseph
- That St. Joseph High School’s colors were green and gold.
- That the school was funded in large part by Henry McSweeney, a friend of Fr. Driscoll’s.
- That student athlete Forey Hall went on to play for the San Francisco 49ers.
- That the yearbook “Spires” was originally called the “Shamrock”
- That VC has attained and retained the highest rating possible for accreditation offered by the Middle States Accreditation Association.
- The cost to build VC was $832,500 – about $15 million in today’s money!
- The largest graduating class to date has been 452 students in 1968.
- Mark Garbacz still holds the Pa and National record of 55 rebounds in one game, a feat which he performed during a game on February 22, 1970 against East Forest.
Venango Region Catholic School
1505 West 1st Street
Oil City, PA 16301