Venango Catholic High School is a college preparatory school committed to educating young men and women to be people of faith, scholarship, and service in an inclusive, family-oriented community. Faithful to the Roman Catholic tradition, we prepare students to be critical thinkers and to lead lives of integrity.
The Venango Catholic High School community aspires to:
- Provide a safe environment, enabling student and teachers to achieve at a high level.
- Affirm the dignity of each student created in the image of God.
- Teach the whole student in mind, body, and soul.
- Promote a curriculum and philosophy of education reflecting academic excellence in the Catholic intellectual tradition.
- Graduate students who are ready to succeed personally and professionally regardless of the path they choose.
- Nurture a strongly Catholic school culture.
- Welcome students and families of diverse religious and personal backgrounds.
- Offer attractive facilities that facilitate learning and teaching.
- Cultivate strong relationships with all stakeholders to provide the prayerful and material support necessary to engage our students and sustain the mission of the school.
“Knowledge is a natural desire in all people. But knowledge for its own sake is useless unless you fear God. An unlearned peasant, whose contentment is the service of God, is far better than the learned and the clever, whose pride in their knowledge leads them to neglect their souls while fixing their attention on the stars.”
The Imitation of Christ, Book 1, Chapter 2:1
As a Catholic high school in the Diocese of Erie, we the Venango Catholic High School Community believe there is more to education than facts, formulas, and problem-solving.
We believe we have an obligation to impart to the students entrusted to us a clear understanding of what is right and wrong based upon a belief in a loving God and grounded in the teachings of the greatest teacher of all, Our Savior, Jesus Christ.
We believe it is our responsibility to assist our families, friends, teachers, and staff to develop the spiritual faith and intellectual skills they need to meet the challenges of our world.