“Welcome to VC athletics. We at VC are proud of our athletic traditions and of our athletes who have graduated. We are also equally proud of those who are still competing for the Vikings! There is always something going on in the Athletic Department. We added four new members to the Viking Wall of Fame during the 2009-2010 school year. Maxx Rynd-first team basketball, Sara Lander-first team cross country, Mora McLaughlin-first team tennis, and Kim Pragle-first team and league MVP for softball. Maxx also scored his 1,000th varsity point this past year as a junior. The Athletics Page has some great information, but if you don’t see what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to contact me.”
Tom McNellie, ‘68
Retired-VCHS Athletic Director / Teacher
Did you know?
- 70% of VC students participated in athletics last year.
- Ben Guth became the 14th Viking (10 men and 4 women) to score 1,000 varsity points.
- There are currently 94 members on the Viking Wall of Fame.
- The girls basketball team won a state championship during the 1979/80 season.
- Mark Garbacz pulled down 52 rebounds in one game, which is still a national record.
- Your business can support our athletic department through advertising in our gym via a banner.
- Contact Athletic Director, Kaity Wenner, with any athletic questions